Unlock The Two-Part Combination To Heal Teen Acne
The struggle to heal teen acne is real, and I get that.
I was 19 years old when i remember standing in front of the mirror in my college dorm room, tempted to pick up a razor and take it to my offending skin. To that point, I had already struggled with acne for years. Thankfully, I didn’t go through with it.
But I remember that teen acne was so frustrating because it lasted so long. The pimples themselves would leave scars that would take over a week to heal. My oily skin would have a perpetual gloss and glisten to it by the afternoon. I hated struggling with it.There is a solution that I stumbled upon several years later that healed the acne and rebalanced the ph of my skin. It was actually a side benefit to a change in my nutrition that I wasn’t expecting.
Based on the four underlying causes of teen acne, it’s no wonder that these two changes in my life also yielded powerful results on my skin! You can unlock this same combination of healing for the teen in your life too.
Combo Key #1: Support the Body’s Natural Systems
The appearance of our skin is a powerful indicator of what is taking place beneath the surface. The same is often true for acne. Many of the main causes of acne are due to an imbalance of some kind. This could be hormonal, detoxification, or even stress-related.
So one of the keys to heal teen acne is to increase your teen’s nutritional program and pay attention to what they are eating. (Having a teenager of my own, I realize this is easier said than done. However, if you’re reading this post, then perhaps your teen is already motivated to make some changes and see results.)The old adage holds true: Garbage in, Garbage out.
Here are some key diet changes that can help rebalance their system:
* Cut back on added sugars and sugary foods. (ie. candy, sodas, desserts, sweets, etc)
* Increase the variety and frequency of fresh vegetables and fruits (mainly the veggies)
* Switch out refined grains (with little to no fiber) in favor of whole grains (more fiber)
Here are some key nutrients to supplement as a foundational program:
* Multivitamin/Multimineral (to cover the essentials, but choose your vitamin wisely)
* Probiotic (Gut health is important so be sure your probiotic can guarantee live delivery to the colon.)
* Shaklee’s Herb-Lax (a safe and gentle herbal laxative that is beneficial to take even every day to keep things moving)
* GLA (Gamma linolenic acid is a beneficial omega-6 fatty acid.)
* Alfalfa (aids in cleansing the blood; mild antibiotic effect toward pathogenic bacteria, and more amazing side benefits)
* Extra Zinc and B-Complex can also help. (Be sure these are also found in your chosen multivitamin/multimineral.)
Note on Supplementation: Prior to the healing of my acne, I was already exercising and eating pretty healthy. I was also taking supplements already that I had purchased at Wal-Mart. When I switched my supplementation to Shaklee products, that’s when the changes started to occur. So, the type of supplements you pick DOES matter.
Combo Key #2: Replace Harsh Skin-Care Products with Gentle Nutrition
Research has shown that about 60% of what we put on our skin enters our blood stream. This is important to know when it comes to healing teen acne. There are definitely chemicals and synthetic solutions that have no business going on our skin.
All-natural, botanically-based skin care products are much gentler on the skin. When formulated correctly, they can infuse the skin with wonderful nutrients and vitamins to help protect and heal.
Need a list of harmful chemicals and questionable ingredients?
Check the skin-care products in your home against this “Free Of” list. Do any of your products have these in there? If so, it might be time to find new ones.
What’s a Parent To Do?
If you enjoy scouring the internet for information and can easily discern between fact and myth, then hopefully, I’ve given you a good foundation to run on.
If, however, you’d like to find out exactly which nutrients your teen could benefit from and what a foundational program could look like, please start with my Kids’ Symptom Assessment. This will save you valuable time, give you access to the best products out there, and give you guidance along the way.