Chunky Chicken and Black Bean Chili
A great cold-weather or rainy-day meal, this yummy chicken black bean chili is mild in it’s bite but full of flavor. My best friend’s mom gave us this idea, and then we added a few things of our own.
Chunky Chicken & Black Bean Chili
- 3/4 lb Chicken Tenderloins cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 TBL Chili Powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 TBL olive oil
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1 Cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup bottled salsa
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 can Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 small package of frozen corn
- Fresh Cilantro minced
- grated mexican cheese for sprinkling on top
- Combine raw chicken, chili powder and cumin in bowl; toss gently to coat all chicken.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, bell pepper and garlic; sauté a few more minutes.
- Add salsa, beer/water, tomatoes, beans and corn. Cook until heated through and chicken is done.
- Ladle into soup bowls; top with cheese and fresh cilantro.