Chocolate Dutch Baby with Strawberries
What kid doesn’t like chocolate and strawberries? This is quick and easy just using a blender and pan for the oven. It ends up being more chocolatey than it is sweet, and the strawberries are a great complement.
Chocolate Dutch Baby
- 2 TBL unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk or Soy Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Sucanat sweetener or just over an 1/8 cup Agave nectar
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Fresh Strawberries sliced
- Place butter in large cast-iron/oven-safe skillet and put in oven while it preheats. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Blend milk, eggs, flour, cocoa, salt, vanilla, and sucanat in blender until foamy.
- Pour into hot skillet and return to oven.
- Cook 20 minutes, until puffed and set.
- Top individual slices with strawberries and powdered sugar. Yum!
Bella’s Kitchen: Making Dutch Baby
[youtube id=”UVozPsq8bIg” width=”600″ height=”350″]