These nifty snacks are fun for kids to make and contain some great fiber and nutrients. They are so warm and creamy when they come out of the oven! If your kids are banana fans, they will love these.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread at least 3 g/fiber per slice
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 TBL jelly or preserves
- 2 large bananas cut in half
- 2 TBL unsalted butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter on a plate in the microwave. Set aside on counter.
- Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin. Trim off the crusts and discard.
- Spread 1 tspn honey and 1/2 TBLspn jelly on each slice of bread. Top with 1/2 banana, and roll it up.
- Roll banana wraps in melted butter and place, seam side down, into a baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes--the bread will be crisp to the touch.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon!